• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for an A25 - preferably w sail

Albin's "power cruisers"
turnermike53
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Oakville

Looking for an A25 - preferably w sail

Post by turnermike53 »

Hi folks..looking for A25 situated as close as possible to Toronto. Would love a motorsailer. My dad brought one of the first to Canada mnay years ago and i know and love A25s. Looking to give one a new home on northern georgian bay. Not looking for a project, but willing and able to take over caring for one of these jems!
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Re: Looking for an A25 - preferably w sail

Post by Robdog.1 »

Welcome! I have a mast and rigging from my 77 deluxe if you find one that needs rigging? Keep me in mind. Logistics could be tough, it's in Fort Myers FL.
parkerj

Post by parkerj »

I have a 27' 1977 Albin 82 motorsailor that I did complete refit on in 2011. New wiring both 12 and 120 volt and lighting, new 38 HP Beta Marine 4 cylinder diesel, shaft and 3 bladed prop. All new through hulls and bilge pumps, Bimini top, new Harken roller furling and genoa. Complete with new curtains. Give me a call if you would like to see it at RYC inside storage till launch time. Also new electronics Garmin 740 chart plotter, wind instruments, temp and speed. AM/FM radio and new speakers. Led lights running and overhead. Looking for a larger cruising sailboat. 585-342-8995 John
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Hi John:

I heard about an Albin-25 on a trailer in Illinois which hasn't seen water in years. I'm trying to get a line on it. I've already got mine, so am not looking for another. I'll keep you posted here.

Nick
Desertboater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eastern Washington State

Post by Desertboater »

Nick,

If the Albin in Illinois is the one near Springfield - sorry, my wife dropped the check off a couple of weeks ago. We had finalized the deal several months ago, but it's now mine & going to relocate to the Pacific Northwest in May.
Desertboater
Albin 25 - 1971 originally with AD-21 engine
Repowered with Beta Marine 25hp
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

No, Desertboater, this appears to be ANOTHER Albin-25 near Dixon, IL.
turnermike53
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Oakville

Post by turnermike53 »

Thank you all. Found my Albin in a little town on the ST.Lawrence rivers south shore. Long haul to get it home to Toronto but worth every minute of it.
Phoenix27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: portsmouth va.

Post by Phoenix27 »

Hello there I'm selling my 1979 25 Albin Delux It's kind of a project ,But nothing serious .It has a Volvo 17c 3 cyl diesel wjth 250 hrs on the clock and a blue canvas cover I.m in Portsmouth Va. Phone #757-397-6991 I do Have some photos Thanks Phoenix27
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Phoenix27 wrote:Hello there I'm selling my 1979 25 Albin Delux It's kind of a project ,But nothing serious .It has a Volvo 17c 3 cyl diesel wjth 250 hrs on the clock and a blue canvas cover I.m in Portsmouth Va. Phone #757-397-6991 I do Have some photos Thanks Phoenix27
Hi Phoenix27,

While posting here in the "classics" forum is a good idea I'd encourage you to put a proper listing in the For Sale section with some photos. We seem to get a fair amount of traffic there.

Best of luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”