• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Mod to 28TE

carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

New Mod to 28TE

Post by carolmarie »

IMG_4859.JPG
Attached are two photos depicting a center line hard top interior grab rail for my 28TE. I had the fabricator minimize the radii so the rail would be a bit more close coupled to the roof panel so as not to take away too much head room. I'm 6'3", and no issue. It's a nice feature when more than two are "around the helm".
The 316L large head fasteners were polished with a Dremel tool to a high gloss finish.
Regards,
carolmarie, 2001, 28TE, 6LP-STE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Re: New Mod to 28TE

Post by slimjim »

nice and good idea, how much were they and where would I order one or two? Thanks, Slim
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by carolmarie »

Dear Slimjim:
Sorry, I checked my boating folders and do not have the receipt for the fabrication. We were at the Boston boat show a number of years ago and a local fabricator was there displaying his wares. We talked, he told me to send him a dimensioned drawing and he would be pleased to provide a quote. Best I can remember the cost was approximately $350. The fasteners were the tricky part. I finely found them at McMaster Carr. If you want to take this further I'm sure I have at least one fastener left and I will photo it so you can send to McMaster to help them identify it (it had a strange name). By the way, I sealed the holes with 3M"s, 5200.
Regards,
carolmarie, 2001, 28TE, 6LP-STE
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

slimjim wrote:nice and good idea, how much were they and where would I order one or two? Thanks, Slim
Hamilton Marine in Maine has stainless handrails in 1" and 1 1/4'' tubing in varying lengths from 12 to 72 inches. These are the same handrails on the side of the 28TE pilot house. http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse. ... 32791.html
Stainless Steel Handrails.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by carolmarie »

kevinS:
The difference is:
-No flanges; a cleaner, professional look.
-The reduced radii on the custom bar results in a tighter, yet just as functional, grab clearance.
-You can specify the exact length for the look you want.
Regards,
carolmarie, 2001, 28TE, 6LP-STE.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”