• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

algae-x

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

kjg1951
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oriental NC

algae-x

Post by kjg1951 »

Does anyone have any thoughts about installing a Algae-X in the fuel line? Has anyone used one of these filters and how pleased are you with it or is it a waste od money.. i have a 28 albin 1994 volvo diesel engine Kevin G.
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Re: algae-x

Post by Chuck Waygood »

I would not disparage any product, but all of the engineers comments I have read suggest it does not do much, if anything. The dollars might be better spent on an inline Racor filter.
Capt Kangeroo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Great Lakes, Canada

Post by Capt Kangeroo »

These things were installed on my boat when I bought it, one for each motor & the genny. It is a very - very expensive looking set up with ball valve bypasses for each and all mounted on a board. All in all it looks like a serious piece of engineering but they are completely and totally useless. As worthless as Snake oil, save your money.
saildoc
Mate
Mate
Home Port: NJ/CT

Post by saildoc »

I use it on my boat certainly it helps to keep the fuel clean and extends filter life
Hakan Usal
YOLO
Albin 28 TE engine box

Return to “Albin Maintenance”