• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Storage Stands for 31 TE

Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cotuit, MA

Storage Stands for 31 TE

Post by Rjmycock »

I am looking for information on the number, size and shape of storage stands I will need for placing my boat on the hard for the winter. I purchased a 31 TE earlier this year, it is a twin engine model. I am looking at Brownell Stands, because of the draft I seem to be between sizes. I plan on blocking the keel, I was hoping to get some practical answers to my questions which are are:

1. Size of stand
2. Should I get 4 of the power boat stands or 2 power boat and two sail boat stands.
3. Can I get by with 4 stands.

Thanks for you thoughts and advice.
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: Storage Stands for 31 TE

Post by amber jj »

We use 4 power boat stands with about 3 foot bases on ours,plus 3 blocks along the keel.2 at the transom will work but for the extra safety use the 4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rjmycock »

Thank you, pictures and all! The answer to my request for information is what makes this such a great site. You read it often here but it's true.

Thanks again for the reply.
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

Since my boat is an A-30FC, it is a bit different from yours, but I use six stands because the stand manufacturer recommends a pair of stands for every ten feet of boat length. (Last winter we had a boat in our yard fall over in a high wind because it was not properly blocked and I worry about insurance.)
Two of my stands are "tall" with a 36 inch base and the other four are shorter with a 24 inch base. The keel skeg rests on a 6X6 block and the forward end of the boat rests on a series of blocks that raise the bow just high enough to provide cockpit drainage.
A picture is worth 1000 words...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
Rjmycock
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rjmycock »

John:

Again thanks, the picture is great. I notice you block a little higher than Amber J. I would guess that is preference? The high of the stands is interesting, I am still a little uncertain of what height I should purchase, your stands look like Brownell Stands, I guess you can adjust the angle of the boat so that it drains well to make sure the taller stands fit?
Ronald Mycock
Cotuit, MA
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by johnmurray »

I chose a 6X6" block at the stern because that was as low as I could go and still be clear of ice on the pavement below the boat. I then raised the forward end of the boat just enough so that there was about one inch of drop below a level trim from bow to stern. That was enough to ensure drainage of casual water from the cockpit. That turned out to require four 6X6" blocks plus one 2X6". The blocking mid ships was added later just for insurance. I do not remember the name of the manufacturer of the stands, but there is quite a lot of height flexibility in both sizes. This can be achieved by adjusting the height of the pads and also by varying the stand locations.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”