• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

REBUILDING AN ALBIN 27

Albin's "power cruisers"
johnvb1014
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Wilson NY

Re: REBUILDING AN ALBIN 27

Post by johnvb1014 »

Hi Doug

We bought an '85 Albin 27 a couple of years ago and did a lot of restoration, including refinishing all the teak, replacing all the glass in the pilot house, penetrating epoxy into rotted core from leaks in ports and under rails, new headliners, bottom paint removal, new skeg, and on and on. Ours has a Nissan diesel which we have not had to do much on other than new fuel filters and hoses. Currently replacing a defective and very noisy damper plate. We love the boat, especially the layout and use of space. Lots of room for a 27 ft. The aft cabin is great for sleeping and frees up space in the forecabin.

Feel free to email me at jev AT buffalo.edu if you buy a 27 and have questions.

John VB
imagine30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Newport, RI

Post by imagine30 »

Bought our 27 2yrs ago after selling our Pearson 30. Boat went right into the paint shop for an awlgrip job (hull and top sides). All trim redone, new electronics, new cushions. Love the boat. More room than our 30, cruises about same speed but goes in a straight line and we can go under bridges now.

Good luck with your search.
J O'Brien
WHISKEY ONE
Albin 27 FC, 1986
Coasters Harbor Marina
Naval Station Newport
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Doug,
Welcome to Albin Owners Group. I'm moving this post to the A27 forum. Hopefully you get even more responses.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Post by JFOkie »

Doug,

I purchased an 87' Albin 27 FC in December and love it! I've had a number of power boats and "went to the darkside" and had a 26' sailboat for fours years, but nothing compares to the Albin 27. Like Johnvb1014, I too have the Nissan and have not had any issues. It's nice to cruise at 7 knots and only burn 1 gallon an hour, but also have the ability to go faster in the event that the weather turns. My wife loves the boat (that's a big plus too!) and is already working on making custom sheets for the rear berth and other winter projects. This is a wonderful boat, there are a number of older members in my club who are now considering looking for an Albin too. Good luck in your search, feel free to email me with any comments or questions JFOkie@comcast.net. I'm not too far from you, on the Pisquatica River in Dover, NH.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”