• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hose without clamps?

Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Hose without clamps?

Post by Pasteur »

Over the last couple of weeks I've had some time to get to know Aque'ne (28TE, '06, flush deck) better. Scrubbing bilges, replacing switches, etc. I've just gotten to work in the engine room.

Last night as I was closing things up I noticed the hose in the photo just ahead of the alternator. I haven't had time to trace it but it sure looks like some sort of feed through the hull without a seacock and without clamps. Tell me I'm crazy...
photo1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Hose without clamps?

Post by Pitou »

Not to worry .. That's the suction side of the hand operated bilge pump. :wink: It's just sitting freestyle in the lower bilge. Give it jiggle, you'll see that it lies free with the exception of the zip tie seen in the upper section of the photo. If you can get to it you'll notice the end has a plastic strainer attached with a screw. Not a bad idea to keep that clean and free of debris. I hope none of us ever need to operate this pump!

Way to get in, crawl around and learn about your boat. 8)
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by Pasteur »

Thanks for the quick reply. The first thing I did this morning was to make sure she was still afloat...

It didn't make sense that it was going through the hull. That hose is clearly not rated for pressure. But it is perfectly straight and sitting flush at bottom of the bilge. Also there are marks on the gray fitting that looked like impressions from clamps.

Again, many thanks for saving me the time of tracking that down. On to another issue...
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Pitou wrote:...I hope none of us ever need to operate this pump!
Question - "Why does your boat have this hand pump?"

Answer - "It gives you something to do as the boat sinks around you."
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”