• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 - additional ballast

Albin's "power cruisers"
BCboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Albin 25 - additional ballast

Post by BCboater »

Hi All: I just bought an early Albin 25. At some point, looks like a long time ago, someone installed several hundred pounds of lead ballast, very nicely and permanently done, in the bow and under the berths in the forward cabin. I haven't had the boat out yet, but I assume they did so to try and make it more stable. I'm inclined to take it out, don't see any point to carrying several hundred extra pounds and the Albin Manual says additional ballast isn't needed. I'm wondering if anyone else has experimented with adding ballast to make the ride more stable? I guess the ballast up forward might help with pitching when going into head seas, and maybe the weight in the side lockers would help damp rolling? Any experience or advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”