• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Any 28te owners in the Seattle area?

bkcorwin
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: seattle

Any 28te owners in the Seattle area?

Post by bkcorwin »

Hello PNW Albin owners,
A growing family and a desire to do more cruising in the San Juan islands has made me realize its time to upgrade boats. I presently run a 23 foot center console but would like more (any) cabin space but not at the cost of efficiency. To that end, I have been looking at the Albin 28 te.

Perhaps this is a bit forward but I was curious if there was any 28 owners in the Seattle area that wouldn't mind showing me around their boat? My boat is presently slipped in edmonds but can easily get to shilshole or other nearby marinas.

Thanks so much
Brian
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Re: Any 28te owners in the Seattle area?

Post by dkircher »

Brian,

Good to know you are interested in the 28 TE. They are great boats.

Ours, a 1998 with the Cummins 330 HP diesel is moored in Poulsbo.

To get started, I suggest you check out the 28 TE for sale at Elliott Bay Yacht Sales. Bellingham Yacht sales also has one listed. Although we hauled out in Edmonds in May, we have no plans to return any time soon. We are likely to spend a couple nights at Bell Harbor Marina next month. I'll keep you posted. If you weren't aware, we just held an Albin Rendezvous in Anacortes. Check out the Rendezvous section for more information including photos.

Finally, you will likely hear from others who are closer to you. We hope to see you on the water and at next year's rendezvous.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
bkcorwin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by bkcorwin »

Hi Dave,
I actually did notice i just missed the rendevouz. Otherwise, I certainly would have gone. For some reason i thought both the boats listed on yachtworld were in Bellingham but noticed yesterday that one is at Elliot bay. I have plans to at least go aboard later this week to get a feel for the size.

Good to know that there are some in the neighborhood. Gives me hope of finding one locally. There are so many more in the northeast but shipping is costly and in my experience hard on boats. My center console was brought up from our former home in San Diego, and took a good beating on the roadways.

Brian
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Brian,

I thought you might like to see an Albin 28 equipped for cruising. This is a photo from our recent cruise to Desolation Sound. It was taken a Sucia Island on our return trip. The boat is a little limited on enclosed space, so we added a cockpit top. We plan to enclose it with rear and side curtains by next season.

We especially like our Wallas stove/heater. Properly equipped, the 28 is great for two adults. The bed under the pilothouse is best for kids.

You may be faced with a choice between a flush deck and engine box. We have an engine box. Neither, I understand, results in really good access to the engine. That's just the way it is with a boat this size with a large inboard diesel. However, you'll get used to getting in uncomfortable positions to change engine zincs, transmission fluid, engine oil and the engine fuel filter. One advantage of the engine box is easy access to check fluid levels and inspect most hoses and belts. It does occupy a significant part of the cockpit. It makes a great seat/table, however.

I hope you find the perfect boat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

Brian,
We will be at Shilshole guest dock H-33 all day tomorrow, Sunday 8/5. If you show up any time in the late morning or afternoon I'll be glad to give you a tour. My cell is 206-354-7417.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
bkcorwin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by bkcorwin »

Hi Dave, All good information and a nice picture!

Joe, I will see if I can run down to Shilshole on Sunday, but its not probable. With seafair this weekend my family has a lot of plans so I doubt I will be able to slip out. Thank you much for the invite though, perhaps next time!

Brian
bkcorwin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by bkcorwin »

Do you have any pictures of the wallas stove/heater and where you have it? Does it just replace the cooktop in the galley?

I finally got a chance to get a good look at / crawl over. They have one at elliot bay marina that is for sale (06 flushdeck). I am pretty impressed and think an albin 28 may just fit the bill as what I am looking for. Now its just to find one at the right price.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”