• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cook tops

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

cook tops

Post by Brian »

Hey everyone.
I have a question/query that everyone here may have experience or suggestions on.
I have an old A25 that has been fitted with a propane two burner cook top.
The tank expired and was thinking of installing a new tank but then hesitated.
We like the safety factor of our diesel boat but the propane system (however good the install is) makes me uneasy.
I guess these boats came with alcohol stoves. Anyone still have them? Are you happy with them? what are the pros & cons versus propane?
Are there any stoves that can run on diesel?
Any suggestions and experience would be appreciated!
Brian
BlackWidow
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Hoopers Island, MD

Re: cook tops

Post by BlackWidow »

Brian,

I recently installed a new cooktop on my 1993 Albin 32. The stove that came with the boat new was a two-burner combination alcohol/electric. I never used the alcohol part, but the electric worked just fine for seventeen years. Then the control buttuns died. I purchased a one-burner ceramic electric cooktop from WEST and had my boatyard install it. It takes up little space on the countertop and has worked like a charm for two years.

Jim Burton
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Post by AKDW »

I have an Albin 27 and use the alcohol two burner by Origo. safer, easier and simpler than propane. Both my wife and I like cooking on it.
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Post by JFOkie »

Brian,

I too have an Albin 27 FC with a two burner Origo 4000 and love it. Very easy to use and maintain and I enjoy cooking on it too. Good luck!

John
"Nirvana"

Return to “General Discussion”