• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

LD 28 water pump

Albin's "power cruisers"
CapeCodAlbin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Falmouth, Mass.

LD 28 water pump

Post by CapeCodAlbin »

Hello all - My 27 FC is dead in the water for lack of a water pump. I have been to JESCO and had good luck in the past, this time no. I am looking for a 21010-V0726 or 21010-17SY7 fresh water pump. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Tahoma
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Great Loop

Re: LD 28 water pump

Post by Tahoma »

Go to your local auto parts store, pick up a water pump for a 1983 Nissan Maxima Diesel and bolt it on your LD28 (it is really easy to find as it is the same pump used on a lot of the Nissan gas engines from the early 70's)
CapeCodAlbin
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Falmouth, Mass.

Post by CapeCodAlbin »

Thank you Tahoma, I completed one leg of the great loop fro Mobile Bay to Gulfport, Fl this past December.
Tahoma
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Great Loop

Post by Tahoma »

Did you find the water pump OK?

We're looking forward to (perhaps next year) doing the section of the Great Loop that you have done.

We are doing the great loop on the installment method. We started in Maryland in 2008 where we purchased the boat and did some crusing on the Bay. The boat sat out the summer of 2009 due to our daughters wedding.

In 2010 we did Delaware Bay, NJ ICW, New York, the Hudson and the Erie canal to Brewerton NY.

Last year we went up the canal to Oneida, across Lake Erie to the St Lawrence, toured the 1000 Islands downriver in the US and then upriver in Canada to Kingston and then on to Trenton. We completed the Trent-Severn canal and put the boat on the hard in Penatanguishene in Ontario.

Our plan for this year is Georgian Bay and the North Channel in northern Lake Huron, across the top of Michigan and down Lake Michigan to Chicago then down the Illinois River to the middle of the state where we'll once again put the boat in storage for the winter.

Our home is in the Puget Sound area of Washington.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”