• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

? on Generator for 2000 28TE

To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Clearwater, FL

? on Generator for 2000 28TE

Post by To the First »

Hi All,
We are the new owners of a 2000, 28TE and loving every minute of it! After getting her home a few weeks ago, and rearranging electronics, adding TV for our little 21mth & 3 ½ yr old, having fixed some other minor electronic & mechanical things, we are now in the market to add a generator!! We wanted to know the suggestions out there, what works and why. The boat had one previously, but for whatever reason they took out and never replaced. (Most likely because they were going to sell & it was in the Bahamas’ somewhere… :D ) lucky us they decided to bring her to FL to sell…anyway the space is there, just need to fill it. Obviously the main reason to have is to run the AC & TV for the kiddo’s :wink: I know there were a few more questions for you fellow Albin owners, but Ill have to ask my husband again what they were...till next post...To the First!
Annette & Scott Hinrichs
:D
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: ? on Generator for 2000 28TE

Post by Tuxedo »

Albin used Entec West generators in the 28.

http://www.entecwest.com/
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by To the First »

Apparently our boat was rigged with a Kabota and was removed, but all the hookups are still there. We have seen other models with NexGen, is Entec a better fit?
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

I never heard of a Kabota generator in a boat. Kabota powered generators, yes. Onan for one uses Kabota engines. A quick look at the Kabota site shows the generators to be large and industrial looking.

The issue you have is size. On the engine box models, the generator was shoehorned between the stringers forward of the engine. I'm not sure of where it was placed on the flush deck model, but I guess it still has to fit between the stringers.

Besides Entec, you might look at Fisher Panda, they are pretty small. Interestingly, both are powered by Farymann diesels.

I had the Entec West in Tuxedo, and it was a solid unit, and support was outstanding. You should at least call them and talk to Dave about their use in Albins.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Tuxedo wrote:shoehorned between the stringers forward of the engine / I had the Entec West in Tuxedo, and it was a solid unit, and support was outstanding. You should at least call them and talk to Dave about their use in Albins.
Entec is rigged in Pitou as described by Tuxedo. Ditto Tuxedo's comment / Strong runner and "Great" support offered by Dave!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
To the First
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by To the First »

Great, Thanks guys! We will give a call to Dave asap…
We appreciate your input very much!
To the First
28' TE ~ Clearwater, FL
Annette & Scott
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

A couple of years ago I was thinking about installing a generator, (I never did) but at the time I was looking at a small diesel generator so it could be tied into the fuel system. It might be worth looking into. D
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”