• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I'm now a proud owner!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
rwcoulter

I'm now a proud owner!

Post by rwcoulter »

Some time ago, I posted to this group that I was looking for an Albin 25 that possibly needed to be restored. I would like to report that I've had great results.

Some of you may have seen an Albin 27FC for sale in Fort Worth, Texas. I recently purchased it from the estate of the original owner.

It's a 1984 model that was purchased new by a doctor in Ft Worth who kept it in a covered slip on Eagle Mountain Lake. The hour meter shows 538 and that is confirmed by receipts for service over the years.

It's going to require a fair bit of elbow grease, but not much else.

The boat was delivered to Port Huron, MI for me on the weekend and I'm pretty excited to get it in the water next spring. We'll be motoring it to its new home in Georgian Bay next summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Brian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: I'm now a proud owner!

Post by Brian »

Congratulations!
Sounds like a good find.
I bet you'll have fun travelling the thousands of miles of coastline in Georgian Bay!
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

What a nice looking boat--congratulations! You'll have many fine hours on board, I'm sure. We love our FC!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Well you should be the proud owner. Looks to be a great boat & the hours are so low as to make it a really great fine. My boat came from Georgian Bay. Only boated there once for the sea trial but came away feeling anyone close enough to use and enjoy the Bay was very lucky. The waters were as clear as Lake Tahoe in the Serria's and that is rare these days. Have fun and let us all know how the boat does in the Bay. Jack Pady was my Broker located in the Hinson Marina. Can't say enough good things about him and his love of the Georgian Bay area.
whwells "Howard"
35TE Sportfisher/Conv.
"Nibbles"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Congratulations on your purchase.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

You will not regret getting a 27 over the 25. Just sooo much more space. Enjoy the Georgian Bay. Spectacular cruising. Did a boat tour in the area a few years ago during a RV trip. Envy the freshwater cruising but don't envy the water temp.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “New Member Introductions”