• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel economy

Albin's "power cruisers"
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Fuel economy

Post by glk34 »

Here is a little note on the fuel economy on our A25 with a 30hp perkins. We spent the last 7 days on the St John river here in NB. Total distance 260nm, fuel used was 18gallons or 81 liters. Average speed while moving was 6kts with 45 hrs engine running time. Oh yeah, 1 liter of oil. Even up here in Canada with our high prices it still only worked out to $3/hr. We ran at about 2000 to 2200 rpm. No trouble for 2 people to spend a few night on the A25. If anyone on the east coast has a chance to come to our river, you won't be dissappointed.

Iron Jack
Chris
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Fuel economy

Post by RobS »

Your A25 definitely goes further on a gallon of fuel than my HEMI powered RAM 2500
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by leprof31 »

120 mn with current against an for us, up to 5 knots for a while... Trois-Rivières-Québec-trois-Rivières.... 16 hours ride between 11 knots to 4,2 knots (St-Lawrence river/ fleuve St_Laurent)... cost 120$CanDollars at 1,40$/liter, 1850rpm all the way down and back... Hard to beat...Volvo MD3B. Wonderfull A25!
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Treeman »

I still have the AD21 in my A25 and I, too, get notably better mileage in the boat than the truck I pull it to the shore with! We burn biodiesel on the Texas Gulf. If you ever get tired of the cold...
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Post by glk34 »

Leprof31, I would sure like to get to the St. Lawrence some day. Would likely trailer to your area and find a marina to launch at. 2.5 more years to retirement and I may make it a trip. How does the A25 handle the river up there? Looks like it can be a serious piece of water at times.

Iron jack
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by leprof31 »

glk34, you are welcome, and if you get to Trois-Rivières, I will be please to open a nice wine bottle with some french food with you. There is many many places to launch a boat. At 3-Rivieres, it would be a bit expensif (maybe around 50-70$),but your truck and trailer would be in a safe place. About sail the river. There is 4 areas with different kind of sailing depending wind, tide and current. Tadoussac to Quebec... very hard to sail, need to be carefull and read all navigation instructions. carefully Quebec to 3-Riv. if some wind, there is some hard time sailing between Quebec bridge (Pont Laporte) and Portneuf, then the rapid Richelieu (Portneuf to Deschaillons)may present a problem with the tide (6 knots current) and wind. The 3-Riv to Montreal... Take care with the Lake St-Pierre with sometime 4-5 feets waves. Then at the Port of Montreal, heavy current with some tricky patterns can give you hard time. If you go Richelieu river, or Lac des deux-Montagnes they are very easy to sail(get to the Lachine canal(Montreal) or to the Chambly canal(Richelieu river), they are just nice places to navigate) But, Albin is a good boat an can easely sail all the St-Lawrence river. With the volvo md3b, I got 5-6-7 Knots at an easy 1800 rpm against the current, and 9 to11 knots with the current... Hope, it will help and I'm sorry if some information are not clear, I'm french.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”