• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New 27 owner

Albin's "power cruisers"
96flht
Mate
Mate
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: New 27 owner

Post by 96flht »

MKP,

I think I got a good deal but the boat really does need a lot of cleaning. Mostly it will take bleach and water, maybe recover the cushons too. The oil was just changed but not sure of anything else like filters and tanks. The previous owner actually used the boat quite a bit and took it out once a week or so and was preparing for a trip from NC to FL. He also did what he called the Carolina Loop a few times, a few hundred mile circle through the sounds and ICW.

It turns out the engine problem was just a dead battery caused by lose terminal connection. Easy fix and I am planning a 90 mile overnighter in a few days. I'm still not 100% confident in the engine but I have Seatow's number on speed dial.

I'll check out the Yahoo group. Thanks for the info.
96flht
Mate
Mate
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: New 27 owner

Post by 96flht »

I think the boat was a good deal too but it needs a lot of cleaning. Bleach and water, and maybe recovering the cushons, will take care of the cosmetic stuff. The engine oil was just changed but I'm not sure about the filters and tanks.
The previous owner took the boat out weekly and did several hundred mile trips around the NC sounds and ICW on occasion. In fact, he was planning to head to FL this fall until plans changed.
It turns out the only problem was a dead battery caused by a lose terminal. Easy fix. The battery is now charged, connections are tight, and I am planning a 90 mile overnighter next week. I'm still not 100% confident in the engine but Seatow is on speed dial!!
I'll check out the Yahoo group. Thanks for all the info and help.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”