• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mixing elbow

dhopkins
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: St Margarets Bay Nova Scotia

Mixing elbow

Post by dhopkins »

Does anyone have any info costs, availability of a mixing elbow for the 2005 Yanmar engine 6LPA-STP model. mine is very badly corroded and leaking. Need to change it out fast.

Thanks

Dean Hopkins
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Mixing elbow

Post by RobS »

Check with these guys, I have found them to be the best parts source for my 6LP
http://bayshoremarineengines.com/Pages/contact.html

Just be sure you are sitting down when you get the prices. You should also replace the v-clamp that connects the elbow to the exhaust bend and the crush gasket too.
Last edited by RobS on Wed May 11, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

You can also contact Marine Manifold Corp in Farmingdale, NY. 631-694-0714 speak with Paul.
They make excellent quality custom riser/elbows. Bring yours and let them quote, you might be pleasanlty surprised at the cost compared to an OEM, and it might last longer as well.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Good to know J, thanks for posting. And not far from me at all.

I am glad I did not pay full price for mine. It was on my "to do" list and I happened to find it new on eBay for $250 so I grabbed it.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
dhopkins
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: St Margarets Bay Nova Scotia

Post by dhopkins »

Thanks Guys
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

RobS wrote:Check with these guys, I have found them to be the best parts source for my 6LP
http://bayshoremarineengines.com/Pages/contact.html

Just be sure you are sitting down when you get the prices. You should also replace the v-clamp that connects the elbow to the exhaust bend and the crush gasket too.
Jinxed again. Last spring, I had removed my exhaust elbow for replacement but found it to be in very good condition. After a call to Mack Boring to confirm it was ok to put it back in, I did so. Saturday morning the v-clamp failed while just getting the boat warmed up. I had smoke coming from all vents and hatches and filling the pilot house. A quick check to confirm no fire or water leaks calmed the nerves. Idled the few hundred yards back to the marina, another day no fishing.

I talked to Standish about the failure and am told that it is not unheard of. So like Rob said, replace the v-clamp and crush gasket.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

Another thumbs up for Bayshore. I go in there every spring and the parts guy is awesome. I tell him my model engine and he bring a box of goodies for my complete spring to do list. I've never recieved a wrong part, gasket, filter etc.... My local marina usually takes a few tries to get it right.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”