• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Pantographic Wipers

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Pantographic Wipers

Post by loubennett »

I'm about to replace the windshield wipers on Quest (28 TE). The plan is new motors, pantographic arms, and blades. I want to maximize the wipe area on each of the three panes. My question is what length pantographic arms and what length blades have others used? The Imtra motors I plan to use have a continuously adjustable sweep angle from 45 to 110 degrees so I should be able to adjust them to get nearly edge to edge coverage. I think I need the 19-24 inch adjustable arms in all three positions with 20 or 22 inch blades. How does that compare to installations others have?
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
Nowhere Special
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Catawba Island, Lake Erie

Re: Pantographic Wipers

Post by Nowhere Special »

I replaced all three of my wiper arms with pantograph style arms.
I did not have to replace the motors. (me thinks that the recommended motors for the pantograph arms were the ones that were on mine.) You will have to play with the cam on the backside of the motor to adjust the angle of stroke and to which side to park the wiper. ( not difficult after doing the first one) In order to secure the base of the arm I used a flexible drill extension to drill into the fiberglass. I did not want to crack it when screwing the base. It did not take much at all to drill into the glass, the screw will then go easily into the core. Remember, chalk and gaskets. The old arms may be difficult to remove from the wiper shaft. Use a dremel tool with a cut off wheel to split the spline on the arm. This is what I used for mine.

RobS wrote:
I changed out only the center one. Here is what I ordered from http://www.marinepowerservice.com/

SKU #: AFI33092
QTY: 1
ITEM: PREMIER PANTOGRAPHIC ADJUSTABLE ARM 17 INCH - 22 INCH STAINLESS STEEL
PRICE: $87.93
------------------------------------------------------------

SKU #: AFI33021S
QTY: 1
ITEM: PREMIER WIPER BLADE 20 INCH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL
PRICE: $30.21
Dave
1999 28TE Aba Daba

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”