• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE with single engine (Yanmar 440)

jasberk

35TE with single engine (Yanmar 440)

Post by jasberk »

Just wondering about the handling and power characteristics. I've seen various stats regarding cruise/top speed and fuel burn. I asked the factory, and got an answer: "I don't know, call a dealer".
etesian32
Mate
Mate
Home Port: none

Re: 35TE with single engine (Yanmar 440)

Post by etesian32 »

I own a 2005 35 TE with the 440 Yanmar and generator. Has the 2 bunks below and galley up. Last year 120 hrs, 903 gallons for an ave 7.5 gph. I was surprised at this average because this was the first year moving from a sail to power so I didn't go slow very often. 9-10 knots she starts to plane and cruise is 17 -18 knots wide open 22 knots. Would be nice to have the twins and cruise in the 20's but I'll take the 7.5 gph. Handling is good using the prop walk to your advantage and of course the bow thruster. Disadvantage is the draft. Specs say 3' 10" but I measured closer to 5 ft. If your in the market be sure to look for an over pitched prop. I heard most came through this way causing black smoke under load and max rpm around 2900. I had this and had the prop pitch reduced as much as possible and diameter reduced and can now get 3200 rpm, no black smoke. I believe 3400 is ideal. The boat is great. It will be in the water next week and down to Hawthorne Cove Marina Salem MA by the weekend if you want to take a look.
Steve

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”