• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31 TE Doors

Cliff Deinert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

31 TE Doors

Post by Cliff Deinert »

Anyone have a recommended source of supply for new or refinished aluminum doors for the wheel house area of my 1999 31 TE ?
Cliff Deinert
RETREIVER
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: 31 TE Doors

Post by DougSea »

Hi Cliff, and welcome to AOG!

Someone else my chime in but have you considered contacting C&C Marine, the builders of the "new" Albins? The 31, now known as the 32TE, is still part of their lineup. They'll be sourcing those doors or something similar for their production boats.

Let us know what you find out. Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Cliff Deinert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cliff Deinert »

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply and comment. Yes, I did contact C&C. The conversation didn't go to well as the person I spoke with didn't seem to have a grasp on their potential vendor base. Guess I should try again.

Cliff
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Cliff Deinert wrote:Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply and comment. Yes, I did contact C&C. The conversation didn't go to well as the person I spoke with didn't seem to have a grasp on their potential vendor base. Guess I should try again.

Cliff
Just a thought ... sometimes it's easier and preferred by manufacturers that customers work through the dealer network. Number 1 Albin dealer for years and still standing : Standish Boat Yard, Tiverton, RI,
401-624-4075. They probably know these Albins and their suppliers as well or better than C&C at this point.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Excellent point Kevin.

Guess I'm hoping the "new" Albin will be a little better in the Customer Service area than the old Albin. I realize Cliff is calling about a boat well before their time but, at the end of the day it's about the brand.
Doug
Sonny IV
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Guess I'm hoping the "new" Albin will be a little better in the Customer Service area than the old Albin. I realize Cliff is calling about a boat well before their time but, at the end of the day it's about the brand.
Does not sound any different than Mainship cust serv. 10 -12 years is about all they support.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Cliff Deinert
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cliff Deinert »

UPDATE-

Thanks for the dialog on my doors question. I have (I think) located the original door manufacturer & am expecting a call from one of their customer service engineers. The company can be seen at www.Aluminum2000.com They are a division of Pompanette Co. & are located in NH (Ph 717-569-2300), in case anyone else is interested.

Cliff Deinert
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

Cliff Deinert wrote:UPDATE-

Thanks for the dialog on my doors question. I have (I think) located the original door manufacturer & am expecting a call from one of their customer service engineers. The company can be seen at http://www.Aluminum2000.com They are a division of Pompanette Co. & are located in NH (Ph 717-569-2300), in case anyone else is interested.

Cliff Deinert
Cliff,

I took a look at the site and the "Series A" sure looks like the slider on our new (to us) 35. Thanks for posting it, we'll have to add them to the "links" section at the top of the forum once you speak to them.

Great find!
Doug
Sonny IV
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

C&C Information; I was in touch with the company last week. Had two very friendly reponses from the Sales Mge. Was unable to answer my questions but found responses thoughtful & reasonable. Short response was they so far have only built 28' Albin and could not give much info on the others. I seem to recall a showing of a larger Albin so that did come as a surprise. Seems to me some of the members saw a larger Albin on show recently.
So it is hard to know just what are the correct facts.
whwells
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

whwells wrote:C&C Information; I was in touch with the company last week. Had two very friendly reponses from the Sales Mge. Was unable to answer my questions but found responses thoughtful & reasonable. Short response was they so far have only built 28' Albin and could not give much info on the others. I seem to recall a showing of a larger Albin so that did come as a surprise. Seems to me some of the members saw a larger Albin on show recently.
So it is hard to know just what are the correct facts.
whwells
You're referring to the recent posts about the 46TE. That boat is NOT built, marketed or sold by C&C but by the "other" Albin company. Not sure what Fred Peters is up to but it would seem there are TWO manufacturers licensed to produce Albins. C&C is doing the 35 (both TE and CB) and under.

Confused yet? :roll:
Doug
Sonny IV
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Thanks for info Doug. Helpful to know what is happening with C&C. I did like thier attitude. Happy Easter to all.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”