• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Swim platform for A27

Albin's "power cruisers"
packham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: 100 Mile House, BC

Swim platform for A27

Post by packham »

Just wondering if anyone has drawings for a swim platform with dimensions, supports? Thx, Roger
Bobster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Swim platform for A27

Post by Bobster »

Try a search for Marinco- the AFI group under Boarding Systems has a selection of swim platforms & brackets that would work on the A27. Similar to the one on mine. If needed I could take a few photos of mine as soon as the snow recedes enuff to get to it!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
fiti huahine
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Santa Barbara

Post by fiti huahine »

One quick note, make sure your bolts are wired together and grounded. I have had my bolts corrode and break on the transom in the harbor.... once and almost a second time - first time sunk the boat over night while in the slip! I know we have bad electrolysis in my harbor but this happened a second time and had zinc all over the swim step supports. Luckily I caught it just before it broke on during a haul out. Not sure if I am alone with this problem but ground those bolts!
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Bobster wrote:Try a search for Marinco- the AFI group under Boarding Systems has a selection of swim platforms & brackets that would work on the A27. Similar to the one on mine. If needed I could take a few photos of mine as soon as the snow recedes enuff to get to it!!!!!!

I recognize that transom! Trying to think where I was last year when I saw you Bobster. I only got down to Greenwich once, for the DMB concert at Belle Haven. Maybe then?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Bobster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bobster »

Actually, I just bought this boat in Dec...it is now in Malletts Bay, VT on Lake Champlain. I can't get at her now as the lake level is 3' above flood! 8" water in parking lot at my marina. Boat sits on poppets- I hope to go there today wearing boots (maybe fins & mask???)
Will post some pics soon.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Bobster wrote:Actually, I just bought this boat in Dec...it is now in Malletts Bay, VT on Lake Champlain. I can't get at her now as the lake level is 3' above flood! 8" water in parking lot at my marina. Boat sits on poppets- I hope to go there today wearing boots (maybe fins & mask???)
Maybe you can just drive it off the poppets and save the launch fee!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Bobster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bobster »

Oh, well!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Great shot with the sign and the Albin.
Does not look deep enough to drive the Albin out...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Bobster wrote:Actually, I just bought this boat in Dec...it is now in Malletts Bay, VT on Lake Champlain. I can't get at her now as the lake level is 3' above flood! 8" water in parking lot at my marina. Boat sits on poppets- I hope to go there today wearing boots (maybe fins & mask???)
That's a lot of extra water!!

I drove right by that area just about 2 months ago, we were up in Burlington with our daughter for the NE regional girls hockey tournament and went out on a little exploritory run. Kathy (the admiral!) grew up down in Proctor and went to UVM. I couldn't tell form a quick look around if Malletts Bay was navigable by larger boats. The charts seem to show it blocked off from the lake by the railroad line. I've been looking at what it would take to bring Sonny IV up the Hudson and the Champlain cannal (mostly a height issue) and what would be good places to visit. Beautiful spot!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”