• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello!!!

Boatmon

Hello!!!

Post by Boatmon »

Hello everyone!!

Sorry for the extended sabbatical. This is intended as an explanation for my lack of involvement not a downer or plea for sympathy. The Lass came out of the water in went into storage on October 4.

The morning of the 5th my 91 year old Grandmother had a major stroke paralyzing her right side, she is also in the advanced stages of Alzheimer’s and has had 24hr in home care for some-time now. Well, the stress of worrying about Grandma triggered a massive heart attack in my 93 year old Grandfather (who I was extremely close to) he was taken to a great heart center where he stayed for 6 days. He was released to home with Hospice care where he only lasted a few days.

He and my Grandmother were married for 72 years…and connected in a way that few people are these days.

Two weeks after Grandpa’s funeral my Aunt (his daughter) lost her battle with cancer, speculation is that she did not want her father to have to deal with her loss.

On top of the tough fall for the family, I was also taking night classes for work. I started the Tuesday after Labor Day and finished the Thursday before Christmas. Class was two nights a week with approx 10-12 hours of homework each week.

So, in a not shell that’s been my winter. No projects thus far (although I need to get a few going soon) We have focused on the kids, family and friends this winter. We will get some maintenance done this spring and then hit it hard again next winter!

Take care,
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Hello!!!

Post by DougSea »

Hey Michael,

Good to see you back. I had an "extended abcense" about a year ago for different yet similar reasons. As my mother is known to say "Life is what happens when you're making other plans."

Hoping you have a better Spring and Summer! Looking forward to hearing about whatever projects you get to and your days on the water.

All my best to you and your family!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “36/37/40/43”