• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

My wife and I have a simple life. We have been boating for over 35 years. Somewhat, been there done that attitude. We purchased a 28 Albin to cruise once again. If anyone out there wants to buy a 26 ft Century WA w/ 225 4 strokes let me know. We won't be taken delivery of the boat till April 2011. We are still working on a name for the boat. We live in East Islip and I am a member of the ANGLERS. I do have one question. The boat is not set up for dockside water. Where would be the best spot to install a fresh water inlet on the vessel. We look forward to Coecles Harbor. Great place. Enjoy and have a merry
Max T
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Max.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: New Member

Post by DougSea »

max98 wrote:My wife and I have a simple life. We have been boating for over 35 years. Somewhat, been there done that attitude. We purchased a 28 Albin to cruise once again. If anyone out there wants to buy a 26 ft Century WA w/ 225 4 strokes let me know. We won't be taken delivery of the boat till April 2011. We are still working on a name for the boat. We live in East Islip and I am a member of the ANGLERS. I do have one question. The boat is not set up for dockside water. Where would be the best spot to install a fresh water inlet on the vessel. We look forward to Coecles Harbor. Great place. Enjoy and have a merry
Max T
Welcome Max!

Assuming your pressure pump is under your quarter berth like mine I'd suggest that an inlet near your tank fill would allow for a fairly short plumbing run. It's been my experience that the best way to figure out where something should be mounted is to open up hatches and pannels and figure out how the heck you're going to get from point to point. One thing you'll discover with these boats is that Albin had a way of "customizing" from boat to boat and things aren't always where another owner of similar vintage would think they would be! Part of the charm.

Let us know how things work out!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"

Return to “New Member Introductions”