• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner...finally!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JC78
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Redwood City, CA

New owner...finally!

Post by JC78 »

After what has seemed like a long process, we are the new owners of a 2001 Albin 28. It is a Gatsby edition, so its a little more set up as a picnic boat than for fishing, with a back bench and a cushion for the engine box to provide seating in the cockpit. I looked at a number of this vintage Albin, and ended up buying the one that was in by far the best exterior condition. The only problem is that it is on the east coast, so it goes on a truck this week, bound for the SF Bay.

Thanks to all the members of this forum for putting up with my novice questions, and all the helpful input! If anyone is interested, I will post a pic once we get her in her new home.

JC
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New owner...finally!

Post by jcollins »

Congratulations on the purchase of your new boat! Post all the pictures you want. We like 'em.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Best of luck Curious why wouldnt you just cruise it down through the Panama Canal then zip up to San Fran?
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Congratulations!
Sound like there may be enough Albin’s on SF Bay for a possible Rendezvous or day on the bay???

Any interest all you Bay Area AOG members??

I’ll organize it. Angel Island, Etc.
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
dgurgel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Amboy (Raritan Bay), NJ

Post by dgurgel »

John,

I am glad to hear that all went well. Don't forget that you need a Right Coast Exit Permit to move this Northeaster to the Left Coast.
Dave Gurgel
2000 Albin 28 TE, "Energetic"
Hull #453
JC78
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JC78 »

Dave-
You promised me no unexpected costs in owning a boat!
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

"no unexpected costs in owning a boat" I needed a good laugh today and that really did it. Thanks. :lol:
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
JC78
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JC78 »

A pic from her old home:
Blue Moon 008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Oxford, MD to San Francisco. Long trip! Would you share shipping costs? Other members may be interested. I hope you took plenty of pictures before she leaves Maryland. It may help if there is road damage. If you didn't, ask the previous owner if he will.
Last edited by jcollins on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spulling
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JC78
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JC78 »

I'll give you an update after I get it here. I expected it this week, and it is still siting in the Oxford boatyard! Grrr....
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
JC78
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JC78 »

Shipping was quite an ordeal. It wasn't cheap ($8000+, not including a couple hundred on each end to load/unload) and the boat looked like hell when it got here. The shipper apparently doesn't recommend wrapping, due to the damage that could be caused by loose ends or rips flapping against the hull for hours on end at 65 mph. So the end result was a filthy boat, with a lot of the nice cosmetic touches on the boat (pin-striping, etc) showing a lot of wear. Nothing a few hundred dollars can't fix, but maddening none the less.

But that is all behind us, so we are enjoying tooling around SF Bay. By the way, why did nobody warn me about the tides and shallow water???????????? The Bay always looked the same depth when I was driving over one of the bridges!
Blue Moon 020.jpg
PS I know the slip looks too big for my little boat, but that's all that was available!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
JC
2001 28 TE
Blue Moon
Hull # 537
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by kathylsails »

Congratulations! We only had ours shipped from MD to NC, so we can appreciate what an ordeal it must have been to ship cross country. But, she looks wonderful in the picture, and just think of the wear and tear on you and her if you'd brought her home by sea! Happy Boating!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “New Member Introductions”