• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Former sailors, now Albin devotee

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sailnomore
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: BSM, Punta Gorda, FL

Former sailors, now Albin devotee

Post by sailnomore »

I see so many members have made the same transition. After 30+years of sailing we decided to join the "destination" power boaters. We loved our Tartan 31 but many, many times we attempted to set sail across our local Charlotte Harbor the wind was on our nose or coming in the wrong direction for sailing and we ended up motoring. Decided if we were going to motor might as well get there faster. We just purchased a 2004 Albin 35 Command Bridge. The previous owner had taken excellent care of her and we are delighted to be her new owners and ready for many cruising adventures. We just took Miss Bliss on a 2 night cruise and she was just what we expexcted -- A wonderful ride. Tom & Vonda Willer
Tom Willer
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: Former sailors, now Albin devotee

Post by Veebyes2 »

Enjoy the boat. The thing has one huge cockpit. No need for all the speed but it sure is nice to have it if you really need it. spending most of your time at around hull speed will keep your GPH well under 4gph.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I know I've converted several sailors to "The Dark Side"! :)

There's just something about being able to take a "quick" 20 mile ride...and back...in the same afternoon!

Glad to have you aboard and best of luck to you!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
bob p

Post by bob p »

Congratulations on your new boat. I also purchased a 2004 35' Command Bridge last year. I bought it in Miami and had it transported to Maryland were my wife and I spent most weekends this summer cruising the Chesapeake bay. Unfortunately I winterized it this past weekend and will have it pulled this week and stored on land for the winter.
Bob P.
O Bay Be

Return to “New Member Introductions”