• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

transducer location- 35TE

skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

transducer location- 35TE

Post by skye peak »

My transducers are mounter at the rear end of mid lifting strake and lose readings above 15kts. So I'm getting
ready to install a thru the hull transducer on the inside.

Question, where on a 35TE single engine hull is the best place to mount it, where are others mounted now so
that they work?
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: transducer location- 35TE

Post by Tuxedo »

The 35TE was cored, so an in-hull transducer will not work.

Get a low profile unit like the Airmar P319 (Airmar makes all transducers), and if nothing is disrupting water flow, mount it where the current one is. If there are thru-hulls in front of the current location, move the transducer. Be sure to cut out the surrounding core.

You need clean water flow to and around the transducer. In my experience, even the high speed faring blocks cause too much turbulence.

The lifting strake is a perfect place to mount the transducer, allowing it to point straight down. The alternative is something like the B60 which has a build in tilt adjustment.
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

thanks Tom,

I'm in SC so will try to cut the inside skin, reef out the coring and pour some epoxy to do the inside
unit, as cheapest quick hauls around here are 400 bucks. I could beach the boat with an eight foot
tide but with the skeg it's an "Albin problem" .

Would you still shoot thru the lifting strake or just a clear flat run on the bottom?
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I have not done it myself but have heard that you can put the the shoot-thru transducer in a plastic bag of water and move it around the hull to find a spot where the hull is solid and it works. There my be areas near the keel that are solid and it might be worth a try before drilling new holes.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”