• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 window rubber moldings

Albin's "power cruisers"
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A25 window rubber moldings

Post by leprof31 »

I made an order at www.hitechglazing.com/product/40020, and I got all the material an the tool very fast and for cheap, . I didn't have changed the gasket yet, and so didn'nt do also my brother with is Albin. It will next spring for us. But all the tests we made up now with the material, let us believe it will be an easy job. Next summer, I will post some picture. 1/4'' Lexan is the right stuff to replace front anf rear little windows... all other windows are in glass.
PugetPete
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Pleasant Harbor, WA

Post by PugetPete »

Hi Woody,
How'd you make out on changing your window?
BCboater
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Post by BCboater »

I got new window seals from PerfectFit in Tukwila Washington. The seal material worked but the $26 installation tool fell apart within minutes and they refused to make good on it. When I called about the tool falling apart the guy on the phone told me "most people just use a thin piece of plastic" to install the locking bead. So why do they keep ripping people off for the tool, one might ask?! If you can find the seal material somewhere else you'd be doing yourself a favour, rather than doing business with a company that knowingly sells junk and refuses to refund when it fails.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

an installation tip, if not covered by other instructions: When cutting the H-seal to the proper length to fit the perimeter of the window, cut it an inch (2.5 cm) or so longer than the measured length. then when actually installing the seal, recut it perhaps 3/4" (1.5 cm) longer then the lineal perimeter measurement, and butt the cut ends together. This introduces some compression, so the seal won't shring and open a gap in the future.

This type of window seal is also used for curtain wall glass in tall buildings.

Glycerine is the optimum lubricant for installing the stuffer strip. A goof liquid detergent also works.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”