• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Intro--Second Try

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jimlewis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Little River, SC

New Member Intro--Second Try

Post by jimlewis »

Hello AOG,

I joined in August but my first intro post ended up somewhere else. Thanks for all the info members have posted and continue to post. I purchased a 1986 27'Albin Sport Express in summer of 2009 and had it shipped from Mobile, AL. to Washington, NC to have the hull awlgripped (Flag Blue). Boat is currently in my rear drive on a drop deck lowboy trailer and I am finishing the interior (new cushions, new headliner, electric head, etc.) and will install a pair of Honda generators ( I am too old to be uncomfortable) for AC,induction cooktop instead of alcohol stove, and any other 110volt luxuries deemed necessary for "she who must be obeyed" and the six grandchildren for whom the vessel is named (SIX GRAND). In the next few weeks hope to launch in Little River, SC. We live in Smithfield, NC but have a retirement home in Calabash, NC and berth the boat in Little River. Thanks again for all the varied topics of information and maybe I can give back some info in the future.

Jim and Pat Lewis
Smiithfield. NC
Calabash, NC
"SIX GRAND"
1986 27' Sport Express
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member Intro--Second Try

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Jim and thanks for becoming a supporting member on your first post. :wink:
Keep us updated on your restoration and post some pictures. I carry a Honda portable myself. Works very well.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jointventure
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Montauk , Long Island, NY

Re: New Member Intro--Second Try

Post by jointventure »

The Joint Venture has added a second Staff Captain - Jack Thompson (mom Jennifer) was piped aboard August 29th and added 8lbs13oz to the ships ballast. All are doing well, especially grandma Marcia.
John
Joint Venture
31TE 2000

Return to “New Member Introductions”