• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Fever

rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, Texas

Re: Albin Fever

Post by rcornejo »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the links. Great source for my problem.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Before you buy anything try this. Once or twice a season, my head will loose its prime. Usually this happens if someone unfamiliar with a marine head flushes way too much. If they pump it way too many times in the "flush" mode (lever to the right) then it will loose its prime. Close the sea cock, remove the hose from it and use your wash down hose or the one at the dock to fill the line with water. Quickly push the hose back onto the sea cock and tighten the clamps. Open the sea cock go into the head and then flip the lever to the left and see if it picks up and starts pumping. Maybe mine needs this O ring but it has done this a few times a year since new usually when guests have used it. If just me and the wife, no issues. Also, if you have the boat pulled for any reason, be sure to close all of the sea cocks before pulling so you dont loose your prime on this and other things like the air conditioner if you have one. Some things become air locked and are a pain to get re-primed. Good Luck!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks Carl, I will try that. When you said pulled, did you mean transported? I am moving the boat from Florida to Texas. Should I close all the seacocks before transporting? I don't want any problems with the ac. It is working really well.

Thanks for you input.

Roland Cornejo
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
normntwrk
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Great Bay Marina Portsmouth NH

Post by normntwrk »

We had something similar with our head after the winter layover. I simply unhooked the intake hose from the head, connected a short piece of hose and primed the head with a bucket and funnel and pumped away that way it proved that the head was Ok. After that I connected it back up and it worked fine.
Norm
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I would close everything BUT the sea cock for the engine and the generator if you have one. This will allow any remaining sea water to drain out of the mufflers and exaust system. I have heard of issues occuring when the boat gets tilted too much towards the front. It might be possible that sea water could enter turbos or exaust valves resulting in serious damage. When ever my yard pulls my boat I have them raise the front end to allow any sea water to drain out of the exaust and bildge.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks Carl and Norm,

Great advice. I will do both things to see if that makes a difference.

Blessings,

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Hey guys, just something to think about, I would always drain all the systems when moving from one body of water to another. We have a real problem with invasive species these days like zebra mussels, mitten crabs, snakeheads and many forms of vegetation. I know it's a pain to re-prime anytime you relocate but I do it because I think it's worth the trouble. I haven't moved my Albin before but I take a lot of care with our riverboat. We've fished it from Virginia to Maine and I empty and or flush everything before putting in a new body of water.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi John,

Sorry for the stupid question I am about to ask but since I have never owned a boat like this it's hard for me to understand. But, what do you mean by re-priming? Carl, in the above post, indicated that I may have to re-prime the air conditioner when moving my boat since it or other systems could get air locked. What is that and how do I do it?

Thanks for you explanations.

Roland Cornejo
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

I've had to clear my A/C system in the past. At start-up, no water moving through the system. I had to remove the hose from the pump and force air through the system to clear it, then it started fine. I've never had a problem starting any other pump on the boat. Engine sea water gets filled with anti-freeze over winter and I drain everything else. If I were going to move from one body of water to another, I would open the engine seawater strainer and flush with fresh water before haul-out. Garden hose with good flow into the strainer and run the engine for a couple of minutes. Drain everything else, seawater wash down, livewell pump, head intake and A/C system. The A/C system uses a different type of pump and may need to be primed with water to get it to start. I'm no expert on this but I believe the A/C pump is mounted below water level so it primes itself.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks John,

That helps me a lot.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
john stout
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by john stout »

Hello,

When we dump holding tank after it has been pumped out add bottle of the smell good juice into tank fill up with dock water and pump out agan to keep plastic tank smelling good.
Blue Without You
28 te Chesapeake Va
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Hi John,

Thanks for the bit of advice. I'm assuming that they sell that at any marine store. Is that correct.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE
john stout
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by john stout »

Roland,

Yes any marine store will have smell good juice most Walmart also.

John
rcornejo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rcornejo »

Thanks John. I will look for it.

Roland
Roland Cornejo
Goin Deeper
1997 28 TE