• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Windshield latches - 2002 Albin 28 TE

LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Windshield latches - 2002 Albin 28 TE

Post by LarryOwen »

American Marine Products no longer makes these latches and has none in stock. If you know where I can find replacements, I need one and will take two if you have them.
IMG_0006.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: Windshield latches - 2002 Albin 28 TE

Post by joe.baar »

The Taylor #1162 is the closest I can see, at Fisheries Supply $4.00 or West Marine $5.79 for a pair. Not a perfect match by any means, might need a washer or two underneath to get the right height. Or make your own, I don't like these plastic things, they break.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
LarryOwen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Barber's Basin, Salem, NJ

Re: Windshield latches - 2002 Albin 28 TE

Post by LarryOwen »

Thanks for the suggestions. Agree that the original latches leave much to be desired. Am on a Chesapeake Bay trip on our Albin 28 and just checked the forum - hence the delay in responding.
Larry
Larry - 28TE "Pastime No. 2"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”