• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 27

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Sea U
Swabby
Swabby

Albin 27

Post by Sea U »

I am looking at buying a Albin 27 with the aft cabin. The vessel comes with various engines i would like to know witch diesel is better for this boat?..........Thanks
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Albin 27

Post by Panhdjoe »

Hello and welcome, I bought a 84 27 family cruiser this year. Mine has the Nissan 6cyl. LD28M. As far as I can tell from following this group and shopping the internet. The mid 80s boats came with the Peugeot Lehman (a 4 cylinder), Ford Lehman 4 cyl., or the Nissan. All of which have reputations for being good engines. By the late 80s a Yanmar a 6 cyl. was used.
I think the Ford is easy to get parts for and the Peugeot the most difficult. The Nissan Is starting to become a little hard to find parts for although I have been able to get every thing I have needed. This exact same engine was an option in the USA Maxima automobile 1981-1983, Caution, though so far I have not found a reliable source for all the marinizing parts. Some one please correct me If I am wrong about anything, Thanks Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Sea U
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Sea U »

Thank you Joe, most of the boats that i have been viewing in the late 80 range have the Yanmar and as far as a noise factor how does this compare with the other engines?
Sea U
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Sea U »

I live in West Palm Beach Florida and there is no boats to view in this area.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... elected=-1

Punta Gorda - 144 miles

Bradenton - 178 miles. (this one is a SE)
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
parkerj

Re: 27'Albin82 motor sailer

Post by parkerj »

I just bought John McAlughlin's motorsailer posted in the for sale line. It is a 1977 motor sailer and I would like to get specs for this boat if available. Mast height above water, waterline length, engin bed specs as I plan on installing a Beta Marine 38HP (Kubota) to replace the old 35HP Volvo. Any information abouit sources and experience would be appreciated.
I just joined this week and enjoy the feedback.

Return to “New Member Introductions”