• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Courtesy lights

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Courtesy lights

Post by joreyn »

Does anyone know who the manufacturer or supplier of the amber courtesy lights on the later Albins was. I have a broken lens and need a replacement. It has a stainless ring with two screws. The ring is 3 1/8 inches diameter.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Courtesy lights

Post by JackK »

Since nobody else has chimed in ... I know that they bought some things from IMTRA. You might try googling them and checking on their courtesy lights.
Not sure it will help but it's better than nothing.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Imtra does make great products ... Hella also makes the same size 2 wire courtesy lights. I recently changed out my cabin & helm area courtesy lights with LED's (red) ... the red helps a little with the night vision if someone steps into the cabin when underway at night .... Roxanne :roll: ....... http://www.defender.com/productsearchre ... _retry=yes clear, amber, red & blue with various trim ring options.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

LEDs are great. The latest "rage" in our marina is folks are going on ebay and buying 12v LED strips and wiring them into their courtesy lights, and velcoing the strips under saets, gunnels, etc. The strips are cheap, waterproof, and come in various colors and lengths.
I even bought some and will place them under my side doors for night safety when boarding. I also plan on wiring a strip into my anchor light and I will try them for engine room lights.
This weekend one of planned experiments :roll: is to sink a couple just below the waterline for cheap, temporary night lights to attract aquatic life. :lol:
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fairtide »

A buddy said that the courtesy lights aboard my 2006 28TE looked like they were LEDs. I think from the discussion that they are small incandescent lamps. Any ideas? I know that I could remove a lens to check, but this is easier and nothing will break.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Great Gatsby had something like this at the rendezvous last year. Had them in the rod holders.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westinghouse- ... t/13446850
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

Does anyone know who the manufacturer is for the fixture the courtsey lights on the 1998 28 TE. Got the bulbs but trying to find the amber lenses. Thanks!

Return to “Albin Maintenance”