• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin in E.TN.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
chuckloveless

Albin in E.TN.

Post by chuckloveless »

I have a 1970 Albin 28 that has been re-powered with twin 275HP Johnsons. The hull was heavily reinforced and glassed over to support the tremendous forces that a pair of big outboards would create. The engines have just been freshly rebuilt and I have an electrical issue with one of them (power pack, i'm pretty sure). The boat would do 60knots before they were rebuilt and I am hoping the rebuilds will push it to 70. She's a rather odd looking duck, but she will put a lot of newer boats to shame and there is just plenty of horsepower in every condition whether it's for speed or battling a storm. I just wish I had a way of hiding the outboards.. what a sleeper she would be...:)
Anyone with an odd duck like mine, please shoot me a line and let me know about it.
Albin's are great boats and the '70 model that I have is a true classic.
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Re: Albin in E.TN.

Post by powerboater56 »

"She's rather an odd looking duck . . . ." I would love to see photos of a 28 with outboards. Please post pix in the photo area if you get a chance.
John S.
Jamestown, RI
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin in E.TN.

Post by Halcyon »

Photos Please!

Return to “New Member Introductions”