• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

battery isolator

fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

battery isolator

Post by fairtide »

Fairtide is an '06 flush deck 28TE. Does anyone know whether Albin installed a battery isolator in this run of boats? There is one 4D and one group 31 battery (both installed by the manufacturer and just replaced). A shore power charger is also part of the original package.
Another question: If I select one battery rather than both to start and then run on, will the alternator charge only the selected battery or will both receive a charge, as needed?
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Re: battery isolator

Post by sharffj »

if you have a battery isolater and select one battery, the other battery will not be charged while running. It needs to be on both to charge both. Make sure you never switch the battery isolater setting while the motor is running.
jeff s
fairtide
First Mate
First Mate

Re: battery isolator

Post by fairtide »

Re switching batteries while the engine is running, I have read (I think somewhere here) that the selector switches do not interrupt current unless the selector is turned to "off." If you have a radio that is turned on, try moving the battery switch from say Bat.1 to Both, and then to Bat. 2. If you have no interruption of the radio, it shows that while making the change of batteries, there was no disconnection. This is the case with my 28. Again, I am not sure as to whether I have an isolater in the system.
If I am mistaken, let's hear about it.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”