• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

15000 pounds, 250 horse power, 18 kts at 7 gph

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tomcat rio

15000 pounds, 250 horse power, 18 kts at 7 gph

Post by tomcat rio »

can that be right?
"Burns only 7 gal/per hour at 18 knots "
http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_detai ... searchid=1
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I found that when I was looking for my boat, you saw all kinds of calms of that kind of fuel milage. I also found 28's that listed the holding tank from 5 gals to 30 gals...and freshwater tanks from 20 to 40. Some may have been speciality installations, but the ones I actually looked at were just wrong....I think pushing that Albin at 18kts would require more than 7 gals. of fuel an hour...pushing my 28 at that speed requires about 12 gal. per hour via the flow scan.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Given that my smaller and lighter TE with a bigger engine cruises at around 18 I have problems believing these numbers!

Sound like 'sales' facts!
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

That number is likely inaccurate or at least represents only the absolute best of conditions.

However, it is in no way impossible for a 32' boat to achieve 18 knots at 7gph. We were able to do even better than that in our 31' Camano Troll (11,000# dry), and Nordic Tugs are well known for their fast, efficient hulls of that size and larger. It's all about hull shape. If you have a flat bottom aft, you can achieve a much better plane, and increase your fuel economy substantially. The drawback, of course, is in a loss of stability in a following sea.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Maybe they mean 7gph on each engine.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Aside from all the fuel burn data your talking about, I find it funny that they list it as a sportfisher, when IMO, it's not.
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Mariner wrote:Maybe they mean 7gph on each engine.
They say it only has one 250 HP Cummins :?:
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Elizabeth Ann wrote:Aside from all the fuel burn data your talking about, I find it funny that they list it as a sportfisher, when IMO, it's not.
I would think of the command bridge boats as sportfishers. Truly, most Albins would fall into this category. They look different than most sportfishers, but they have the same basic characteristics and are oriented towards the same function.

Return to “General Discussion”