• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Anchor locker bulkhead

Boatmon

Anchor locker bulkhead

Post by Boatmon »

The V-berth is finally all back together, I think it turned out pretty well;
PlasTeak photos 003.jpg
PlasTeak photos 002.jpg
PlasTeak photos.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
lmustico
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Anchor locker bulkhead

Post by lmustico »

Looks better than new!
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

Well thank you Imustico, but there is still plenty that doesn't look great and alot yet to be done. We are however in the close up, put stuff back together, and get her ready for the water mode. She will certainly be better and fresher looking this year than she has been in quite some time. And we will continue again in the fall
The Lass restoration 196 (68).jpg
The Lass restoration 196 (69).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by BobR »

Did you use any particular tung oil?
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

The oil on the interor trim is actually Minwax antique oil finish, it's a mixture of various oils and thinners but works very well for freshening up dry wood on interior applications.

As for the exterior I plan to use the pure tung oil offered by real milk paints, we're running out of time and the to-do isn't getting much shorter. So for this year at least we're finishing all the future bright work with tung oil, after 3 coats it starts to gloss a little, it's not near the work that teak oil is, and when we decide what the preferred finish will be, it's easy to prep or just go over. Many finishes recommend it for correcting color in areas before applying a polyureathane (sp?) type finish.

Return to “36/37/40/43”