• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just joined with a 40' North Sea Cutter

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Just joined with a 40' North Sea Cutter

Post by tomcat »

Greeting all! My wife, Brenda, and I just purchased a 2006 NSC. We've been looking to move up from a 24' cruiser for a few years now. I think we were in the right place at the right time for this deal to happen. It has been neglected for a couple of years and there needs some TLC in order to bring her back to a good looking vessel. Some water damage under some port holes along with an overall, thorough cleaning inside and out should take care of it. We will be bringing Blue Moon from Long Island Sound in late April/early May up the Hudson north of Albany to our marina in Schuylerville,NY. (half way between Albany and Lake Champlain). We're usually on our boat every weekend and tend to take long weekends and go for a ride for a few days. We're hoping to continue to do so with the NSC.

I could use as much info on this vessel as possible, as this size boat is all new to us. Looking forward to browsing through the forum and picking up any tid bits of info I can. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join the AOG.
Tom
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
yhc
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Whittier, AK

Re: Just joined with a 40' North Sea Cutter

Post by yhc »

Welcome aboard Brenda and Tom.

Finally another active 40' NSC owner on the board! I recently joined this forum myself as well while I was getting ready to purchase a North Sea Cutter last year. There are few other NSC owners from the past but it seems they are no longer active on this forum.

How is Blue Moon powered...with Yanmar or Cummins? Hull number?

Regards,

yhc
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to 'The Lonely Club'. I have a 1996 A32. Plenty 32s & 32+2s were built but there is little forum activity by owners. Maybe they are out enjoying their boats no matter the season.

So, keeping your NSC on an inland waterway, when are you going to expose it to some real sea like it was built to do? The loop maybe? Bahamas & maybe beyond?
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome aboard Tomcat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

She is powered by twin 370 Cummins. I'm not sure of the hull #. We're heading down Friday to do some work on her and I'll see if I can get it. As far as traveling, it looks like inland waters for now. The Loop is definitely on our list of things to do along with a trip down the ICW for a winter in the south. But for now, we're looking to head up into Champlain for our extended stays. It sure is a relaxing time, being on a boat....why is that?!?!
I was going through the forum and I think I came across another Blue Moon. I hope there won't be any bad feelings :( .
Tom Nolin
40'NSC
Bennington, Vermont
tomcat
First Mate
First Mate

Post by tomcat »

jcollins wrote:Welcome aboard Tomcat.
Thank-you...glad to be aboard! :D
Tom Nolin
40'NSC