• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

PRI-D Fuel Treatment

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

PRI-D Fuel Treatment

Post by afrayedknot »

Has anyone had experience using a fuel additive product called PRI-D? On the website, www.priproducts.com, both claims and testimonies are provided as to its effectiveness for maintaining the quality of diesel fuel including restoring old fuel. I would appreciate any comments you may have on this product. Thanks.
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: PRI-D Fuel Treatment

Post by jcollins »

afrayedknot wrote:Has anyone had experience using a fuel additive product called PRI-D? On the website, http://www.priproducts.com, both claims and testimonies are provided as to its effectiveness for maintaining the quality of diesel fuel including restoring old fuel. I would appreciate any comments you may have on this product. Thanks.
Over the years I have tried many different products in my gas engine boats. When I purchased Afterglow the previous owner had a schedule of products he added to the fuel tank including Marvel Mystery Oil. I continued that regime for the first season I owned the boat. At our rendezvous in 2007 I met our diesel expert Butch. He explained that anything you need is already in the fuel. So, I gave it try. No additives other than micro-biocide every other fill up. There was no noticeable difference in start up, idling, smoke, etc. My economy numbers are based on my own calculations over the season. 4-5 GPH since purchase in 2005.
Perhaps if I used the boat 1000 hrs. per year these products would help? I don't know.

Just my two cents...
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”