• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member Albin 27 & Cat

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Capt Ram1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Worth- Greek Islands

New member Albin 27 & Cat

Post by Capt Ram1 »

Hi Everyone,
Nice to meet some of you already here on the fourm-
Ive owned my 1990 Albin 27 since 1993 I bought it used with 123 hours on it, 2300 now-I used it as a part time Commerical Dive boat for about 10 years off Palm Beach and the Bahamas, I stopped using it in 2003 , because I got busy working in a different feild- so I have not started the 6db1 - 157 hp Isuzu engine for about 4 years and am now getting ready to put her back in service- I also have a sailing Catamaran in the Greek Islands where I run week or more charters for folks-www.sailing-charters.org
The Albin has been a great work horse and im looking forward to seeing her shine again !
Capt Ram
Greek Islands
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: New member Albin 27 & Cat

Post by Veebyes2 »

Now that is rare. Not many Albin 27s in commercial service other than used as self skippered charters.

I started my snorkel/sighseeing business in 1988 using my 1986 albin 27AC. Ran it for 4 years till I got my 32' Chesapeake workboat, custom made for the work I was doing. I ran the workboat till 2006.

Met alot of wonderful people along the way.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Capt Ram. I'm sure with fresh fuel and filters, that diesel will start right up.
Checked out your website. Looks like a nice vacation!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Capt Ram1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Lake Worth- Greek Islands

Post by Capt Ram1 »

Thanks Guys, I just started her up- runs fine after sitting all those years, Great engine that Isuzu- now I have to roll my sleeves up for a lot of cosmetic surgery, The Albin is like an old lover, I know every inch of her and over the years we have treated each other well! Her body is a bit beat up by all those divers with their tanks and weights, but I’m going to get her looking good again over the next few months- so I will be asking questions here and I appreciate any and all the posts from everyone-
Greek Islands

Return to “New Member Introductions”