• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
PeterEdwards
Swabby
Swabby

Post by PeterEdwards »

Just signed up as new member - and new owner of 36 Express Trawler. Glad to be a part of the Albin Owners Group.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New Member

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. Tell us about yourself, your boat, where do you boat? We'll need directions to your marina so we don't miss any parties. :D
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Welcome to AOG, Great to have a new crew of members coming on every month
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. The 36 owners seem to be second in activity only to the 28 owners.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
PeterEdwards
Swabby
Swabby

Post by PeterEdwards »

I purchased my 2002 Albin 36 Express Trawler in Palmetto, FL. I live in NH and boat on the coast of Maine where I still have my sailboat - Pacific Seacraft 37. The intent with this perhaps "illogical" purchase of the Trawler, is to use it in southern climates in the late Fall thru Spring. The trawler is on the hard now in Palmetto and I am going to commission it next month and take it somewhat north. Unfortunately, I have a tight schedule this Spring and will only be on the boat for a month before again putting in on the hard for the summer. I will be taking the boat across Florida in the Ockachobee (sp) Waterway and probably ending up in St. Augustine. Any info on that route would be appreciated. Fellow AOG member and Albin Express owner, Mike Stevens, has been most helpful in the purchase of my Albin.
afrayedknot
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Goose Pond Marina, Scottsboro, AL (TN River Mi 378)

Post by afrayedknot »

I too have a 36ET and have it on the TN River near Chattanooga. A couple we know from TN are currently doing the loop, having most recently crossed FL and now heading up the East coast, presently at St. Augustine. They have a wonderful web site detailing their trip, www.tellicolady.com. You could possibly pick up some good tips there on your planned trip. Good luck with your 36ET and welcome to the AOG Forum.
Bob on "A Frayed Knot" 36ET
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

We went East to West on the Okeechobee Waterway this winter in Jan, then returned. It was a fun, interesting trip. Not exactly challenging boating, as long as you can keep from hitting the sides of the ditch you're safe. If you've never done locks before it's a good place to learn, the lockmasters are helpful, friendly and very professional. It's a different view of FL than most people see for sure. Some tips. Don't bother stopping at Roland Martin's Famous Marina unless you have a red sparkle bass boat in tow. Place is a dump. Do stop at the Rialto in Alva, FL for a day or two. It is magical. The big plumes of smoke you see are cane fields being burned off intentionally. Morehead City only has one restaurant and you can get lunch there for $3.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI

Return to “New Member Introductions”