• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Free Aft Hatch

Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Free Aft Hatch

Post by Despacio »

Now that I don't have teak decks anymore, I don't need the aft hatch I rebuilt last year. It was fully rebonded with West Epoxy on a jig, and is flat and strong. Measures 20 X 18 inches.

One handle missing.

Free to a good home. Just pay the shipping. I'll find out what that might be if you are interested and we know where it's going.

I'd hate to toss it after all the labor to rebuild it.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Despacio on Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Free Aft Hatch

Post by jleonard »

Got any planks that are decent?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

jleonard wrote:Got any planks that are decent?
Not sure what you mean. I'm ripping out this side tomorrow, it's all good, 3/8 thick wood. I hate tossing it in the trash.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

What's easy to package? I could use 2 or 3 decent pieces for "patching" perhaps. If you felt like saving a few I would gladly pay you shipping to Ct.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

jleonard wrote:What's easy to package? I could use 2 or 3 decent pieces for "patching" perhaps. If you felt like saving a few I would gladly pay you shipping to Ct.
I spent today ripping out the port side. I sanded the decks and filled all the holes. I found at least a dozen problems that I'm very happy to have found and eliminated. All that's left is the starboard side.

When you remove the teak you use a crowbar and break it into pieces. There is probably nothing usable. To remove them carefully would be a big job.

You might want to consider a vacation in California and help me on the starboard side. You can have it all.

Seriously, let me know what size pieces you might be able to use and I'll see if I can save some for you.

You are still welcome to help. lol
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

I appreciate the invitation. I really do.
Like I said IF you end up with a few pieces 2 feet long or so would be all I'd want. IF they come up intact.
If not don't worry about it.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Despacio »

I finished removing all the teak, and unfortunately it all went into the dumpster. Breaking it into pieces was the easiest way to remove it.

Next step is to add a layer of mat and epoxy resin. Not for strength, but to make sure it never leaks again. Then to fill, sand, fill, fair, paint, and add non skid. I will post photos if anyone want to see the progress.

It will be complete in two weeks!

No takers on the hatch?

Return to “36/37/40/43”