• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Getting back into it!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Rich

Getting back into it!

Post by Rich »

Hello all and Happy New Year,

I recently ran across this site and am delighted to join. I am a former owner of an Albin 43' Aft Cabin Trawler. I purchased her in 1984 from Albin Marine in Cos Cob Connecticut, the importer for this brand. She was a 1983 model. After providing many years of marvelous service for myself, wife, and handicapped daughter, I sold her in the late 1990s to focus on my daughter's medical concerns and education. At the risk of bragging, my Albin was in bristol condition and sold for more than I paid for her! Now that most of my daughter's issues are behind us, I plan to return to the boating life and will be looking for another boat, preferably another trawler. I have started to look at brokerage offerings online and really would like to buy an Albin 49' Stadel Tri-cabin trawler. Unfortunately, as these have not been made for a number of years, the possibility of finding one in good shape will be tough, even though I would be willing to invest in professional upgrading of systems and cosmetic repairs.

In any case, I am here to learn more as well as sharing my many experiences of maintaining my boat and dealing with those all to familiar problems inherent in boats built in the Far East. Thank you for having me.

Rich M.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Getting back into it!

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Rich. Best of luck in your search for your new boat.
You wouldn't happen to have any drawings, schematics, etc. left over from your 43 by chance? One of our members has a 43 and he is looking for information.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
powerboater56
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Post by powerboater56 »

I walked through one of the Stadel-designed 49-ft Albins at a show many years ago. I thought it was a very clever design, and nice looking. I've seen one or two on the brokerage market, usually in rough shape. I hope you find one -- I think they are worth restoring. Good luck!

John Schieffelin
Jamestown, RI
2005 Albin 35 CB OTTER
Rich

Post by Rich »

Thank you all for welcoming me. With regard to your question jcollins, I am not sure what I have left in terms of drawings and schematics from my 43" trawler, but I will start checking. Everything is long packed away but I will start to dig out and find all of my old stuff. I will be happy to notify you when I come across any items of interest that can help a fellow member. Also, how does one pin their home port to the map as you suggested? Please pardon my ignorance!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Rich,
From the Index page click on the link to AOG Members Map. Login to Google Maps with the AOG account. Click on edit.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”