• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member - Jim McMillan, looking for A-25

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
luv2bsailin
Swabby
Swabby

New member - Jim McMillan, looking for A-25

Post by luv2bsailin »

Hi folks,
I recently joined the group and am looking forward to learning more about the Albins, particularly the 25.
While sailing in the Bahamas a few years back I came across a fellow cruising on an Albin 25 with a small 1-cylinder Sabb engine of around 5 or 10 hp. She obviously wasn't the fastest boat around, but was a pretty close match for my Flicka-20 sloop speed-wise, and we cruised together a bit. Ever since then I've thought that if I ever get a power cruiser, that would be the one. Well I believe it's time, and I'm shopping for an old 25 to fix up.
Cheers,
Jim
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member - Jim McMillan, looking for A-25

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Jim!
Here's one in Chicago. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3029
The listing for the 27 right above looks very nice.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
luv2bsailin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by luv2bsailin »

Thanks. I say that ad, and checked out the pics. Looks like a project!
The 27 is nice, but I'm focusing on the 25 as it is narrow enough to be a trailerable.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Don't rule out the 27. The beam is only 9'6" & it weighs about 7500# or so loaded.

Only 2' difference in length but there is a world of difference between the two in room. Compare both before buying anything.

If you don't already know about them, there is a very large & very active Albin group on Yahoo. The majority of them are 25 & 27 owners. They will answer everthing you want to know plus loads more that you didn't ask. :lol: I had a 27 for13 years before buying a 32. Great boats, both of them.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
luv2bsailin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by luv2bsailin »

Thanks for the input.
The max width for towing without special permits in most US states is 8 ft. 6 in., though I understand permits are not that hard to get and I probably wouldn't be traveling cross-country that often. The weight is well within the towing capacity of my 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Perhaps I'll give the 27 another look.
I tried to sign up for the Yahoo forum almost a week ago and have not been approved yet. Looks like a real active group, but I guess they don't want me in their club... :-P
Cheers,
Jim
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Don't feel bad. The moderator is Tim Hall. Very nice guy. I'll PM his email to you. Send him a note.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
luv2bsailin
Swabby
Swabby

Post by luv2bsailin »

Thanks. My main email is TheWireGuy @ aol.com
I was being a little facetious with that last remark. No worries. I'm sure it's a lot of work moderating one of these groups, and if you leave the door wide open it will end up like the "Small Boats" Yahoo group which is about 99% spam.
Cheers,
Jim

Return to “New Member Introductions”