• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Blue Angel

Post by Blue Angel »

Greetings,

I am new to this forum as I just found it. My wife Sharon and I live full time aboard our Albin 40 BLUE ANGEL. We purchased her in 2007 in Annapolis and took her to Daytona Beach where we worked on her for the next year getting her up to our standards.

We now cruise full time and have gone over 9000 miles since purchasing our boat. In all those miles we have not run across another Albin 40 trunk cabin like ours. BLUE ANGEL has a single 135 Lehman with a bow thruster.

I would like to talk with other Albin 40 owners and “compare notes”.

Safe Trawlering to all,

Jim & Sharon Angel
Aboard m/v BLUE ANGEL
mvblueangel@juno.com
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. You will win the prize for most miles in a couple of years. I'm not sure how many Albin 40 members we have but hopefully someone will jump in here.
Are you in Fl. now? Post some pictures.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Blue Angel

Post by Blue Angel »

We have been up and down the Tenn-Tom six times and have never cruised the upper Tennessee River. That is what we are doing this summer. We are presently at Tellico Harbor Marina where we will spend a month or two doing some boat maintenance and "projects" we want done. Upgrading the boat to make it more comfortable is a non-ending activity. We will leave here sometime late summer early fall and head to the Bahamas for the winter.

We left Grand Haven, Mi. in 1999 in a Bayfield 36 sailboat. We lived aboard her until we purchased the Albin in 2007. Livening aboard the Albin is a big improvement over the sailboat and we consider it a move to the "light" side rather than the "dark" side.

Jim
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

couldn't agree more Jim, It's really light when you've come from a Seaward 25!!

can't wait to see you folks on saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
TheJudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TheJudge »

If that is your boat behind the plastic, she is a beauty. I cannot see enough to say whether I have ever run across another with that configuration. Perhaps you can give us a view at the unveiling.
Boatmon

Post by Boatmon »

I'm sure you have, she's a 1982 Albin 36 double cabin. LOTS and lots of wood, which is in need of lots of love and attention.
Her lines are truly beautiful, and we are slowly but surely bringing her back to the condition that she deserves to be in. We figure that the "restoration" will probably take three winter, with summer breaks to enjoy our progress. She's behind plastic to keep as much of our sanding and buffing mess contained as we can, I have no wish to upset the neighbors and loose the heated storage we have. Winter work in the cold would be no fun at all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
TheJudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TheJudge »

You are right that it takes TLC. Nothing looks better when it is done right and nothing worse when it is neglected. That is why we are attempting to purchase a 36 ET next week. The only outside wood is the swim step, which I may replace with PVC, and the cabin door which is protected by the hardtop over the cockpit. And that is why Mr. Heinz made 57 Varieties. Good luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”