• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fuel economy??

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

fuel economy??

Post by special k »

as a new owner of a 2002 28te with 315 yanmar, what can i expect for fuel economy?

no fuel flow meter so i need input from those who run the same boat with same power.

gallons per hour and miles per gallon at cruise, wot, and slow cruise appreciated!
this boat seems comfortable @3200rpm cruising at 20 knots per gps and @ 3800 the garmin read 25+ knots.
thanks, mick
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: fuel economy??

Post by johnmurray »

There have been a great many posts on this subject and you can probably find them in the archives. Some of it might be confusing because there can be references to various units of distance ( kilometers, statute miles and nautical miles) as well as various units of liquid measure (litres, US gallons and imperial gallons).
To summarize, I have the same engine as you but a slightly different boat.
At the most economical speed (5.4 MPH at 1000 RPM) I burn about 1 litre per mile. At full throttle (28 MPH at 4259 RPM) I burn about 3 litres per mile. Expressed in US terms, at 1500 RPM I get about 7.5 miles per hour and get about 2.8 nautical miles per US gallon. At maximum speed I get only about 1.1 miles per US gallon. The inefficiency curve rises sharply as the speed increases.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Re: fuel economy??

Post by mhanna »

2001 28TE - Doghouse

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”