• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Norwalk Boat Show

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Norwalk Boat Show

Post by DougSea »

Anyone out there going to the Norwalk (Connecticut) Boat Show? The show's site shows Albin with two slips so I'm going to assume there will be a new 28TE there along with one other model. Last year I believe it was the new small CC, wonder what it will be this year.

Anyway, I'm planning on going for at least one day, perhaps I'll see a few of you there.

Doug
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

No one headed to Norwalk?

Wives have you locked down? :)

I'm hoping to put an appearance in there this afternoon, perhaps again on Sunday. Need to do some serious looking at a new electronics suite for the TE.

Of course the fact that I still own my old boat means I'm not actually allowed to BUY anything. At least I'll have something to think about over the winter.

Doug
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I've used up my Yankee Pass so I can't cross the Mason-Dixon line again this year.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Just got back from the Norwalk boat show. Albin has a Newport Edition of the 28, the 26 center console and a 35 Command Bridge present at the show.

The L shape settee and fold down benches are definate improvements from older model ammenities

Anyone needing additional seating on their 28s should look into purchasing one of the folding benches from Albin. Very solid state construction. It also looked fairly simple DIY project.

I heard Compton Marine was on the auction block. Too bad. The Compton 33 was a nice boat.

New and noteworthy if not extremely expensive for the Down East afficionados are the Legacy 32 and Sabreline 34. Very nice layouts and top notch construction.

I wish Albin Marine would look at these builders and improve on their construction techniques.

Gery Garcia
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I was fueling up yesterday, looked over and saw the Legacy (28 or 30?). Beautiful boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Doug,
What is your "old boat"? I sold my last one on Ebay. Eastern Europe is hot for boats and the Euro is strong against the dollar. Just be careful. No certified checks. Wire transfer only.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DougSea »

jcollins wrote:Doug,
What is your "old boat"? I sold my last one on Ebay. Eastern Europe is hot for boats and the Euro is strong against the dollar. Just be careful. No certified checks. Wire transfer only.
Hey John,

I've got a 2003 Aquasport 215 Explorer. Nice little walkaround. Haven't tried the eBay thing yet but I'll probably head down that path. Given the size of the transaction and the various horror stories I've heard over the years I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about having it all go well via an internet transaction.

I'll see if I have a photo on my laptop and post it to the for sale section.

Doug

Return to “General Discussion”