• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin yr 2004 w/Volvo KAMD 300A

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin yr 2004 w/Volvo KAMD 300A

Post by JoeH »

Recently launched but haven't cruised due to weather. When I start up the beast and run it in neutral it exhausts a significant amount of white smoke together with leaving an oil slick. "Useless" manual indicates the white smoke is caused by having too much oil in the engine. Dip stick shows the oil at the proper level.

Any thoughts on causes and corrections.

Have a great day.

Joe H (Scituate, MA)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin yr 2004 w/Volvo KAMD 300A

Post by jcollins »

Joeh,
Consistently or for a little while? I have white smoke for 10-15 seconds this year. I've read that this is not unusual.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JoeH
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Albin yr 2004 w/Volvo KAMD 300A

Post by JoeH »

Thanks John for the quick response. Took the boat out Sunday for the 2009 shake down cruise, everything seemed to clear up. On another subj. I've tried to get some info. on dwgs. However the sight tells me I don't have the required permission to read docs. What do I have to do to get the said permission. I'm especially interested in the pump out to sea plumbing.

Thanks.

Joe H

Return to “Albin Maintenance”