• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Drink holder Port Side

jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Drink holder Port Side

Post by jumpjet231 »

Next to the co-pilot's seat there is a fiberglass insert that has a drink holder etc.. Mine has a crack in her from somebody tightening a screw too much. Does anyone know who made these for Albin?
2004 28TE.
Thanks,
Whit
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Jack28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Drink holder Port Side

Post by Jack28 »

I think it is like SSI or one of those popular Co's I will look when I go down to the boat this afternoon and post tomrrow.JACK
"AHLUVOIL"
2001 28TE
Westbrook.CT
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Post by joe.baar »

JumpJet,
It sounds like you're referring to the fiberglass insert, not to the drink holder itself which is widely available at places like the Blue Box or Defender.

My insert has cracks on two corners radiating from the screw-holes they had to position too close to the insert's edges there, and one other corner has a chip out, which I salvaged.

Rather than track down a long-gone supplier for these badly-designed parts I'm considering how to mend them. Even if I succeed at this the cracks are likely to re-appear anyway if the screws are ever torqued more than hand-tight, but whatever.

I think the best route would be to "gasket" the back side of the insert all the way around the lip using new fiberglass mat and resin bonded to a well-sanded and cleaned surface, then re-drilling the holes and trimming off excess material. I'm not that far into fiberglassing yet so instead I'm going to try either resin or super glue to fill the cracks and re-bond the chip to the insert. I do need to read the directions carefully to be sure super glue will adhere properly to the fiberglass, if I go that way.

Good luck with this project.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

jumpjet231 wrote:Next to the co-pilot's seat there is a fiberglass insert that has a drink holder etc.. Mine has a crack in her from somebody tightening a screw too much. Does anyone know who made these for Albin?
2004 28TE.
Thanks,
Whit
The decal on mime is "SSI". Though not poictured on their website I'm sure if you contact them they could help out. http://www.ssicustomplastics.com
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jack28
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jack28 »

Yes mine too is SSI it was leaking into the quarter berth so I put a hose on the nipple on the bottom of the drink holder. I also looked on the ssi website and did not see it I would call. JACK
"AHLUVOIL"
2001 28TE
Westbrook.CT
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Just looked through the SSI site and I think what you are looking for is under "coaming boxes". I wonder if these are the people that made the rod storage boxes that NJ Robert was looking for? It sure looks like it could be.

http://www.ssicustomplastics.com/coaming.htm
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

Thanks guys. That looks like it.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”