• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

35TE prop size

skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

35TE prop size

Post by skye peak »

I am currently running a 4 blade 24X23 on our 1999 Tournament Express 35. I have been
trying to solve a "harmonic" type rumble at 2000-2200 rpms and was wondering if I have
the stock prop that came with the boat (2nd owner) or what others are using for
propeller sizes.
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Re: 35TE prop size

Post by TD »

I have a 2000 35TE and run 4 blade bronze 22D X 24P with a light cup. Haven't noticed anything unusal on performance, noise or vibration. Sorry --not much help. Do you know if the props have been balanced? It might not be a bad idea next time you are out of the water. Also you might check alignment of the shafts at the engine flange connection. Its a long shot for the shaft to be bent, but possible.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle
skye peak
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skye peak »

I did have the prop "tuned" in the fall by a propscan dealer. The shaft dialed about .oo1" which
seems close enough. Alignment is "on". One thought now is that the prop is cavitating and that
is why I'm checking to see if I even have the stock prop that Albin delivered the boat with.

BTW I have a single Cummins 450hp.

Thanks for the info.
TD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by TD »

That is a nice TIR on the shaft. It would be good to hear from some other single engine 450HP members. You might try to put a recorder at the engine shaft out put or put someone near there when running to listen to any unusual noise. I have used a piece of hard wood to your ear and place it at different points where you think the noise is being generated. The reason for doing this is that the noise you are hearing may not be from the shafts/props. Just an idea.
HANG'M HIGH
2000 35TE Cummins Twin 370HP
Seattle

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”