• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

zincs 28 express

saltshaker28
Gold Member
Gold Member

zincs 28 express

Post by saltshaker28 »

Does anybody know the sizes of there zincs on the 28 express not counting the engine and how many there are I am trying to order from Boat Zincs.com any info I can get would be greatly welcomed
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

Re: zincs 28 express

Post by joe.baar »

Saltshaker,
Sorry for the delay in my answer, the snow here slows everything down a lot. :lol: I have a 1995 28TE ("28 express"). Last summer I replaced all the external zincs myself in about 2 hours, never having done this before. It really is an easy DIY project once you have the boat hauled out.

All except the bow thruster zinc are 5" diameter CMR4's. This includes 2 for the bronze rudder and 2 for each (stainless steel) Bennett trim tab, total 6. There's also a plain collar zinc on the 1 1/2" shaft. I couldn't quite fit one of those streamlined egg-shaped ones on the shaft length or in the time available but the egg could be filed down I imagine. The small bow thruster zinc is unlikely to do much good but I put a 1" x 1 7/16" cone on it anyway.

Unsolicited advice: don't paint any part of zincs, ever, and handle them with nitrile or other suitable gloves after you've cleaned them. I removed the paper price-code labels and washed off their remaining adhesive with rubbing alcohol, then wiped all surfaces with lacquer thinner. I scraped and sanded the boat's surface where the zinc would make contact and after that I applied an electrical bonding grease to both surfaces. I'll know how well that works this coming May when I haul out again.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
mackidaddy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: zincs 28 express

Post by mackidaddy »

Just a suggestion. Don't automatically assume boatzincs has the lowest prices. I compared boatzincs with boatersworld in person today and was surprised to see a good selection and lower prices on standard sizes. If you are looking for pretty rare pieces, then perhaps boatzincs might be the best route. Otherwise, I recommend picking them up in person from a retailer like boatersworld(if possible).

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”