• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introductions

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bluepointer

Introductions

Post by bluepointer »

Hello all,

My name is Daniel Waite, you all can call me Dan. I am the Plant Manager here at Bladen Composites in North Carolina. I am very excited to be building the new Albin line of boats. We are as busy as bees building the first 28'TE Newport Edition and 32'TE and they are coming along great. Along with our Shamrock and Defiance lines produced here in N.C., the Albins will be a great addition to our facility. We take great pride in the quality and performance of our boats and are turning the little farm town of Bladenboro, N.C. into a great boatbuilding community. It will take us a little time to take care of the start up of the Albins and the Albin line but rest assured we are moving with great haste in getting everything up and running so that we can take care of our Albin owners. I will check in from time to time to let you all know the progress we are making. One of our first objectives is to include all of the Albin parts into our current inventory so that Albin owners once again have a place to go. This may take some time so bare with us.

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have and I always appreciate any feedback I can get that may improve the quality and performance of our boats. If you in the neighborhood drop on in and we'll be happy to show you around.

Thanks for your support

D
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Introductions

Post by RicM »

Dan:

Welcome. There's a lot of great folks on this site who want very much to see you guys succeed. The Albin group kind of reminds me of early Volkswagen or British sports car owners. Everyone waves at each other, and if 2 of you end up at the same dock (parking lot) you share stories, mainly about gas milage. You will get plenty of support here and LOT's of suggestions about how to make the TE's better. Now about the width of those window mullions......
Best of luck

Ric
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Welcome. We're very glad to see the proactive approach that you and Bo have taken towards customer relations. That was something that was clearly lacking under the old ownership.

I'm curious to hear what both you and Bo think about the current climate in the recreational boatbuilding industry. Clearly, these are tough times for many of your competitors. Is Bladen feeling this? If not, what do you think sets you apart from the rest?
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

So glad to hear you have taken on and continuing the Albin lines. Since I have only recently became a 31 TE owner (gee can I call it a 32 now?) I am glad to here Albins will not become an extinct line of great boats. I hope we on the forum can be supportive in helping maintain the dream & reality of the Albin Experience . Although all past manufactured Albins were not made by your new entity reasonable customer information support system can only assure its success. Best of luck to you
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

bluepointer wrote:Please feel free to ask any questions you may have....
D
And same goes for you. If you post a "Suggestion or Customer Feedback Needed" topic you can count on this group for giving some good quality replies. This group is comprised of owners that are quite hands-on and in-tune with thier Albins. This is not the kind of group where one simply walks into a boat show and says, "Oh look what a pretty boat, I'll take it." There may be some Albin owners out there that fall into the category but the active members here became proud owners because of the all of her fine qualities.

We'd welcome and greatly appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance in any capacity.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “New Member Introductions”