• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Pedastal base for Helm Chair

ggodley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis

Pedastal base for Helm Chair

Post by ggodley »

Yesterday in rough seas, the bolt that secures the pedastal base to the hatch for the helm seat pulled out; the receiving threads on the pedastal base were corroded aluminum and the pedastal and chair collapsed in the cockpit. The Chair and footrest are Todd, but the pedastal (which has a rotating function) cannot be found ... any hints, luck, parallel experineces, replacements?

Esperanza
2004 TE Flushdeck
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Do a search on this forum "helm seat post". This has been discussed before and may have the answer you are looking for. I hope no one was hurt! I try to keep mine tight so there is no wobble. The next time I pull it out I will inspect for the corosion.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Esperanza,
Just wondering how rough it was yesterday. Where you out near the bridge? Looks to have been a rough week all the way around.
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
ggodley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis

Pedestal Base for helm Chair

Post by ggodley »

Thank you for replies. I have found replacement with help of Todd representative .... needs new pedestal base to replace one where threads corroded. And, no one was hurt, except my pride of haveing to stand 1/2 way to Solomons island in 3-4 ft seas and winds 16-25 .... a challenge.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”